Wednesday, September 26th, 2012

MLB 2012 Game #11: Indians vs. White Sox

Neither the Chicago White Sox nor the Detroit Tigers are pulling away to win the American League Central Division. Just a few days ago, the White Sox held a three-game lead over the Tigers. Today, both teams are deadlocked atop the division with 82-72 records. Major League Baseball's website recently added postseason probabilities (calculated by Baseball Prospectus) to their standings. This morning they list the White Sox as having a 67.6% chance of winning the division, while the Tigers are 32.4%. With only eight regular season games remaining, each game is critical.

This evening, the Cleveland Indians will send Justin Masterson (11-15, 4.97 ERA) to the mound. He's made three starts against the White Sox this season and posted a 1-1 record with a 4.15 ERA. The White Sox will counter with Hector Santiago (3-1, 3.45 ERA).

Here's an updated look at magic numbers.

New York Yankees (AL East): 7
Chicago White Sox (AL Central tie): 9
Detroit Tigers (AL Central tie): 9
Texas Rangers (AL West): 5

Washington Nationals (NL East): 5
Cincinnati Reds (NL Central): 0
San Francisco Giants (NL West): 0


Comments
Leave a Comment


Your Name
Publish Comment