My Bookshelf 2012 v7.0As I promised earlier this year, I plan to dig back to the farthest reaches of my bookshelf and read some of the books that I've managed to pass over for years. I managed to do that with the first two books, the most recent were additions from the waning days of Borders. I had to sneak a baseball book or two in there.
Here's the updated list:
10. Mockingjay (2010)
Time to finish The Hunger Games series.
9. The Greatest Game Ever Pitched (2011)
Juan Marichal vs. Warren Spahn: July 2, 1963
8. Catching Fire (2009)
I enjoyed the first Hunger Games book (and movie) so it's on to the second.
7. Steve Jobs (2011)
I've been curious to find out the real story behind the Apple leader.
6. The Hunger Games (2008)
Going a little more contemporary with this one.
5. Big Hair and Plastic Grass: A Funky Ride Through Baseball and America in the Swinging '70s (2010)
Exactly what the title say. A look at the evolution of the the game from where 1969 left off and 1980 began.
4. Innovate the Pixar Way (2009)
Business lessons that can be learned from the company that brought us Toy Story.
3. Stan Musial: An American Life (2011)
George Vecsey's look at the St. Louis Cardinals legend.
2. Psycho: Behind the Scenes of the Classic Thriller (1995)
Janet Leigh's experiences working on the 1960 Hitchcock classic.
1. The West End Horror: A Posthumous Memoir of John H. Watson, MD (1976)
A non-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle original story by Nicholas Meyer.